We participate regularly in Conferences and Congresses, both as attendants and as speakers, often by invitation. On the other hand, we organize workshops with our clients on several topics, such as application of modeling tools, visioning exercises, braintstorming sessions and public participation.
Recently, we have participated in:
- A Conference on Senior Citizens and Transport Policy, as invited speakers, in an event organized at Bilbao's Euskalduna Palace by the Royal Automobile Clube and the City of Bilbao (Nov 2011)
- 2011 Citilabs Users Conference held in Palm Springs, CA as keynote speaker discussing current modeling challenges and the critical importance of back-casting
- Invited speaker in a session organized by CAF (Corporacion Andina de Fomento) in Buenos Aires, AR, on transport and urban management policies
- The Summer Session of Harvard Summer Series "Challenges for Urban Management and Public Policy" as invited lecturer, jointly organized by the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies and the Real Colegio Complutense de Madrid
We can highlight as well two important events
- A Conference organized by Diputacion Foral de Gipuzkoa in San Sebastian on the promise of High Speed Rail service withing the Y section of HSR to make the promise of Euskal Hiria (or a de facto single Basque City embracing the three Basque Capitals), based on research conducted at M.I.T.'s Transit Research Group (2010)
- Our role as Technical Secretariat of the Second ITS European Conference, held in Bilbao in June 2001, through the joint collaboration of ERTICO and Bizkaia Foral Government, in order to create an ITS cluster workgorup in the Basque Country
In some instances and depending on the speaker and his or her availability, we have participated through video conference with acceptable results, as one of the attached photographs shows in an event sponsored by EuskoTren (Basque Railways) in the Bilbao Guggenheim Museum
We have been active on several other summer university sessions both at MIT and the Basque University (UPV), focusing on planning, financial and evaluation of transport projects
We have collaborated as well with Ekonomiaz, a journal on Economics from the Economic Ministry of the Basque Country, with a series of three sequential articles on the Basque Transport Sector.
We will be happy to provide by request, examples of some of our publications and presentations related to urban improvements through transport measures, transit policies, external and social cost, congestion costs and new modeling approaches.